Sunday, January 18, 2009

You've burnt my heart to stone.

For the Sunlight article on Wikipedia. Origina...

The sun doesn't stop shining, the music doesn't stop playing, the world doesn't stop turning.

Five years ago, I locked myself in a place where the sun didn't shine, and there wasn't any music playing. My world stopped turning because my heart was breaking. Blame it on naivety and being young but I felt like my whole existence hinged on one person. When that boy broke my heart, I could not imagine living my life without him, let alone imagine what tomorrow and the day after that was going to be like.

And here I am, five years later. I didn't even believe that I could make it to tomorrow, the day after it ended. But I'm here, five years after the fact-- older, stronger, a little jaded and a little less whole. I made it.

So here I am, five years later--carefully and silently nursing another broken heart. Carefully, because I'm not quite sure just how broken it is; silently because I'm old enough to know that heart break is something you deal with on your own terms when you become an adult.

The sun is still shining, the music is still playing and the world hasn't stopped turning.

I smile every time I walk outside and the sunlight hits my face. I sing along, at the top of my lungs to all of the songs I love. And because I didn't let my world revolve around one boy, it hasn't stopped spinning.

And five years from now, I'll be here-- a little older, a lot stronger, a lot more jaded, and even less whole. But I'll make it.

Life goes on.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: